The Throwing Yips in Baseball
Ryan Zimmerman had a well-documented case of the throwing yips…
It is clear to see that Ryan Zimmerman has the throwing yips. He gets these balls hit directly towards him and as soon as he goes to throw them they are too wide, they hit the ground, or the other player can’t attempt to catch it because it is all over the place.
During routine plays he is expected to throw the ball to get a player out and Zimmerman is doing the exact opposite.
In one play, he throws a ball to the first baseman and it is so high that the first baseman leaves the base to catch it, making the runner safe.
You can see how many throwing errors he has in just about every game. He has time to gather himself and throw the ball to the first baseman but it never seems to make the mark.
In one throw to first base it almost hits the runner and the first baseman ends up hitting him trying to catch the ball which confirms his throwing errors. In 5 games he had 4 throwing errors.
Related Article: How Do The Yips Start in Baseball?
Do you think you suffer from the yips?
Beat The Throwing Yips in Baseball With Expert Mental Game Coaching!
Master mental game coach Dr. Patrick Cohn can help you overcome your mental game issues with personal coaching.
You can work with Dr. Patrick Cohn himself in Orlando, Florida or via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Call us toll free at 888-742-7225 or contact us for more information about the different coaching programs we offer!
What are our mental coaching students saying?
“The mental aspects definitely separate the great performers from the unsuccessful ones. Dr. Cohn’s programs can help athletes improve the mental aspect and take performances to a higher and more consistent level.”
~Rick Hall, Baseball Coach, Daytona Beach C.C.
Overcome Throwing Yips: How to Break The Yips Cycle
Do you (or a ball player) suffer from:
- Inability to throw or pitch freely (despite the fact that you can in practice)?
- Anxiety, tension and over control of their action?
- Performance anxiety about what others will think?
- Super low confidence with the yips-infected mechanics?
- Feeling like an alien has taken over your body and you have no control?
If you can throw well when alone, but can’t take it to games, this is a mental game issue and not a physical challenge!
The Yips Cycle is a vicious cycle that causes ball players to stay trapped in over thinking and over control…
Learn to throw or pitch freely again with my proven audio and workbook program:
“Breaking The Yips Cycle” is a complete brain dump of the TOP Eight mental training sessions I do with my personal coaching students to help them overcome the yips and play with freedom again.
The Audio and Workbook Program Includes:
- Two CDs (CD purchase only). 120 minutes of mental training sessions to help you gain greater freedom, focus on the right performance cues, and simplify your prepitch routines.
- MP3 Audio (Digital Download). 120 minutes of mental training sessions you can download to your computer right away while you wait for the CDs and workbook to arrive. (MP3 Audio value = $149).
- An 8-Session Breaking The Yips Cycle Workbook to guide you through my mental game sessions and to overcome the throwing yips (Workbook value: $149.00).
- Bonus Session: Practice drills to free up your throwing to help you improve consistency and stop focusing on mechanics when you play.
Download Our FREE Throwing Yips Report!
Do you throw accurately in practice, but lose control in games?
Learn how to over come the throwing yips!
Download our FREE Throwing Yips Report and learn how to break the yips cycle and throw freely and confidently again!
What are ball players and coaches saying?
“Thank you so much for talking with our team. You are a great influence. The confidence material really helped me, and I will be working on that as long as I play and after. I can now step out there and just relax and play.”
~Melissa Riesberg, Clarke College Softball