Common Fears For Ball Players With Throwing Yips
In our Sessions With Doc video series, Dr. Patrick Cohn talks about his philosophy about the yips cycle.
If you think you have the yips or know someone who may be struggling with the yips, contact us today to learn more about our mental coaching programs for baseball yips.
Here’s the question Dr. Patrick Cohn answers this week:
Do you struggle with throwing down to 2nd base or simply throwing balls in a baseball game?
“I grew up playing baseball my whole life. I get nervous when I even just think about throwing and when I try to throw hard at my target I throw it in the dirt or over the person’s head. How do I get over this?”
In this video you’ll learn:
The fears that cause you to throw a ball into the dirt or throw it over the pitchers head or the 1st baseman’s head unexpectedly.
We call this the throwing yips in baseball.
What are the yips?
Watch the video to learn more about the yips and what Dr. Cohn says you can do to get relief and throw freely again.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be updated on all our latest videos!
Overcome Throwing Problems: How to Break The Yips Cycle
Do you (or a ball player) suffer from:
- Inability to throw or pitch freely (despite the fact that you can in practice)?
- Anxiety, tension and over control of their action?
- Performance anxiety about what others will think?
- Super low confidence with the yips-infected mechanics?
- Feeling like an alien has taken over your body and you have no control?
If you can throw well when alone, but can’t take it to games, this is a mental game issue and not a physical challenge!
The Yips Cycle is a vicious cycle that causes ball players to stay trapped in over thinking and over control…
Learn to throw or pitch freely again with my proven audio and workbook program:
“Breaking The Yips Cycle” is a complete brain dump of the TOP Eight mental training sessions I do with my personal coaching students to help them overcome the yips and play with freedom again.
The Audio and Workbook Program Includes:
- Two CDs (CD purchase only). 120 minutes of mental training sessions to help you gain greater freedom, focus on the right performance cues, and simplify your prepitch routines.
- MP3 Audio (Digital Download). 120 minutes of mental training sessions you can download to your computer right away while you wait for the CDs and workbook to arrive. (MP3 Audio value = $149).
- An 8-Session Breaking The Yips Cycle Workbook to guide you through my mental game sessions and to overcome the throwing yips (Workbook value: $149.00).
- Bonus Session: Practice drills to free up your throwing to help you improve consistency and stop focusing on mechanics when you play.
Beat The Throwing Yips With Expert Mental Game Coaching!
Master mental game coach Dr. Patrick Cohn can help you overcome your mental game issues with personal coaching.
You can work with Dr. Patrick Cohn himself in Orlando, Florida or via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Call us toll free at 888-742-7225 or contact us for more information about the different coaching programs we offer!
What are our mental coaching students saying?
“Dr. Cohn has put together a program that has enabled myself and our players to approach the mental game in a systematic way that is easy to use and apply. Our awareness level has greatly increased.”
~Marty Hunter, Head Baseball Coach, George Fox University